Both Kester 245 and 275 no-clean solder wires can be used in either lead bearing or lead-free soldering, leaving a clear, non-corrosive and non-conductive residue. So which is best for your application? Read on to discover what makes them different.
Kester 245 is engineered to complement low-residue fluxes used in electronics production. Proper use results in a clean assembly with clear residue – yet the soldering quality is equivalent to that of mildly activated rosin flux.
Kester 275 was developed to offer superior wetting performance for hand soldering in electronics production, and to reduce spattering typical of other core fluxes. The results are an extremely clear post-soldering residue with no cleaning.
Kester 245 and 275 solder wires are available in a range of alloys, wire diameters and flux percentages to meet your application demands. You’ll find them both online and in-stock at All-Spec for less.
When it comes to these personal grounding essentials, we’ve got you covered with the perfect wrist strap for any static-sensitive environment. Each style boasts its own unique benefits – read on to learn which is right for you.
Adjustable Fabric – Constructed of stretchy elastic with conductive fibers woven throughout, this comfortable design eliminates rolling on the wrist.
Adjustable Plastic – Lightweight and low profile, these bands comfortably conform to the wrist and feature a latching system to allow for easy size adjustment.
Metal Stretch – Designed for extended band life, these adjustable metal straps are often preferred for the cleanroom and provide months of effective use.
Particle-free with zero residue, our new UltraTape solutions are designed exclusively for use in critical environments. Available in UltraClean (Class 100 – Class 1 cleanroom) and Classic Clean (Class 100,000 – Class 1,000 cleanroom) options, we offer a range of tapes to suit virtually any application requirement. Read on to learn more about UltraTape cleanroom tapes, in stock now at All-Spec.
All-Purpose Tape – With a durable vinyl backing, this tape is a perfect option for tool and floor marking. Available in Classic Clean or UltraClean varieties to meet a range of critical requirements.
Aerospace Permanent Adhesion Tape – Ideal for fastening or plastic sheeting applications, this double-sided UltraClean polyester tape has a Class 1 cleanroom rating.
Barrier Tape – This bright, non-adhesive UltraClean polyethylene film is used to section off hazardous areas, with a Class 1,000 cleanroom rating.
ESD-Safe Tape – Easily removable with no adhesive residue, this general-purpose UltraClean tape has a cleanroom rating of Class 1.
Super-Tack Tape – Constructed of a highly adhesive material, these tapes are ideal for any application requiring a strong bond. Available in both Classic Clean and UltraClean options.
They’re quickly becoming the preferred choice in lighting. Still wondering what makes LEDs so popular? Read on for ten good reasons you should make the switch.
- They can simulate the sun. Next-generation LEDs closely mimic the spectrum and intensity of natural sunlight, enhancing colors and sharpening fine details.
- LEDs lights are safer. With low heat output and minimal energy consumption overall, LEDs are much safer alternatives to their incandescent cousins.
- LEDs have a longer lifespan. LEDs conservatively last 30,000 hours or more, as compared to the 2,000 hour lifespan of incandescents or 20,000 hour lifespan of linear fluorescents.
- They offer improved contrast. Text appears brighter and sharper between pure black and white lines, reducing the occurrence of headaches, eye strain and red eye.
- They quickly come to light. LEDs switch on instantly, even when cold – producing 100% of their light within microseconds.
- LEDs promote healthy vision. Good lighting can ease the symptoms of Presbyopia, a natural change in vision that occurs with age and interferes with the ability to focus on objects.
- LEDs are incredibly efficient. With low power consumption, LED lights are up to 85% more efficient than incandescent bulbs, leading to significant energy savings.
- They are bright and true to color. LED lighting provides brighter, truer color than a filtered bulb, even when dimmed.
- They’re incredibly versatile. Today there’s an LED style available to replace virtually any bulb for any light source in the workspace and beyond.
- LEDs give hope for a brighter tomorrow. Environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient, LEDs contain no poisonous mercury and last for years to come.
Choosing the right workstation monitor is an essential component of any effective ESD solution. 3M offers a range of dual conductor wrist strap monitoring options designed to help protect static sensitive applications. Read on to discover which style works best for your working environment.
724 Workstation Monitor (TM724) – Continuously monitors the resistance of two operators and work surface ground connections.
725 Portable Wrist Strap Monitor (TM725) – Compact battery-powered unit continuously monitors a single operator and wrist strap grounding system.
790 Static Monitor (TM790) – Small, dual-operator monitoring device mounts easily onto handling equipment, testers and auto insertion equipment.
Iron Man™ Plus Workstation Monitor (CTC331) – Single-operator unit measures voltage directly on circuit boards during assembly, as well as the entire work bench, wrist strap and dissipative mats.
WS Aware Dual Workstation Monitors (CTC061 & CTC062) – Continuously monitors all grounding parameters for dual operators to assess and pinpoint ESD safety.