Used around the globe to achieve cleaner connectors and faster networks, Sticklers from MicroCare are a popular seller here at All-Spec. Read on to discover some of MicroCare’s most commonly asked questions surrounding their Sticklers range of products.
- What happens if fiber optic connectors are not perfectly clean? Cleaning should be the top priority for any associate in contact with an optical network. Contaminated fiber optic connectors can lead to costly troubleshooting and re-working of the connectors. Each connector should be cleaned every time it is touched.
- What’s wrong with using alcohol to clean fiber optic connectors? Slow-drying with a pronounced aroma, IPA is highly flammable, considered hazardous and contains volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are harmful to the environment and restricted in many areas. Ideally, a dense, non-flammable and non-hazardous fiber optic cleaner should be used instead.
- What is the shelf life of Sticklers products? When stored properly – meaning kept in a cool, clean and dry location away from direct sunlight – Sticklers products have an unlimited shelf life.
- You say your solvents dry fast. What is the drying time? Although drying rate depends on temperature and relative humidity, it’s estimated that Sticklers dry at least 25%-50% faster than IPA alcohol.
- Why is inspection and cleaning necessary before EVERY fiber connection installation? Studies have shown the presence of mold release agents present on the connector end-face of new jumpers due to manufacturing processes. It is therefore critical to clean even a brand new end-face.
How sensitive are your electronic devices to the damaging effects of ESD? A simple classification system could offer real guidance. The oldest and most commonly used reference for ESD sensitivity classification is the Human Body Model (HBM), based on the direct transfer of ESD from the human body to a sensitive device. In other words, the HBM testing model simulates electrostatic charge accumulation in the body and is typically performed using automated test systems.
Using the simple chart below, it’s easy to determine the ESD threshold of any device classified under the HBM system.
Wherever your ESD protection requirements may fall, look to All-Spec for thousands of specialty products online backed by decades of industry experience. Shop now for a complete range of ESD solutions, at better prices every day.
Which storage solution offers the perfect fit for your application? Both totes and bins are available in a range of assorted colors and sizes, with conductive corrugated or even ESD-safe construction. They’re great options for storage and many other uses, but is there one that works best for you?
Storage Totes: These are designed primarily for handling and transport purposes, typically paired with a cart to carry multiple totes at once. Often used with lids and dividers, totes offer an ideal storage solution for many components.
Storage Bins: Whether used on top of the bench, mounted to a bin rail or even stacked in a storage rack, this option offers easy access to small parts along with a simple, convenient storage option.
At All-Spec, we offer a range of storage totes and bins in a wide range of sizes to suit any need. Shop today, and invest in the perfect storage solution for less.
Here at All-Spec, we’re always on the lookout for relevant, informative articles to share in our monthly Industry Roundup. Read on for a few of the best publications and most informative articles we’ve found during the past several weeks.
Saving Energy in Cleanrooms – Learn more about ways to reduce energy consumption in the cleanroom based on real examples and figures.
Printed, Flexible, and Organic Electronics: A Growing Opportunity - The worldwide market demand for flexible, printed, and organic electronics is expected to reach $76.79 billion by 2023.
Gas Detection in Cleanrooms - Discover why the addition of gas detecting equipment has achieved a new level of safety in the modern-day cleanroom.
Jibo: The World’s First Family Robot - Developed by MIT’s Media Lab and scheduled for production within the following year, Jibo is the world’s first family-friendly robot.
NASA Turns to 3D Printers to Make Tiny Space Cameras - In the first attempt to build an entire high-tech instrument entirely through 3D printing, NASA is using this state-of-the-art new process to construct tiny space cameras.
Inherently strong, durable and lightweight, Kevlar is engineered for design flexibility to deliver exceptionally high level performance. Gloves and other protective garments constructed with Kevlar are also heat, flame and cut resistant, making this material ideal for a range of demanding industrial applications. Kevlar gloves can even be laundered and reconditioned without affecting cut resistance – contributing to overall value.
The perfect solution for applications involving exposure to grease, solvents and oils, All-Spec carries a complete offering of Kevlar-based and other cut resistant gloves. Find them all right here – at better prices, every day.