How sensitive are your electronic devices to the damaging effects of ESD? A simple classification system could offer real guidance. The oldest and most commonly used reference for ESD sensitivity classification is the Human Body Model (HBM), based on the direct transfer of ESD from the human body to a sensitive device. In other words, the HBM testing model simulates electrostatic charge accumulation in the body and is typically performed using automated test systems.
Using the simple chart below, it’s easy to determine the ESD threshold of any device classified under the HBM system.
Wherever your ESD protection requirements may fall, look to All-Spec for thousands of specialty products online backed by decades of industry experience. Shop now for a complete range of ESD solutions, at better prices every day.
Inherently strong, durable and lightweight, Kevlar is engineered for design flexibility to deliver exceptionally high level performance. Gloves and other protective garments constructed with Kevlar are also heat, flame and cut resistant, making this material ideal for a range of demanding industrial applications. Kevlar gloves can even be laundered and reconditioned without affecting cut resistance – contributing to overall value.
The perfect solution for applications involving exposure to grease, solvents and oils, All-Spec carries a complete offering of Kevlar-based and other cut resistant gloves. Find them all right here – at better prices, every day.
With fifteen times the strength of steel, a cut resistant Dyneema glove can offer major benefits. Constructed of a high-strength, high-lubricity yarn, this slick material allows the cutting edge to simply glide off its surface. Beyond the benefits of cut resistance, Dyneema offers:
- Cost efficiency: This cost-saving investment saves money by preventing injuries from occurring in the first place.
- High abrasion resistance: With its unique properties, the abrasion resistance of Dyneema is up to 20 times greater than that of any other fiber.
- Puncture resistance: The material’s high-level puncture resistance enhances overall cut resistance and performance.
You’ll find a complete range of Dyneema and other cut-resistant gloves at All-Spec, with better prices every day. Shop now and save on these and other production essentials.
What’s even better than the cut resistant materials you’ve come to rely on for protection during everyday tasks? Constructed of two or more components, gloves knit with engineered composite yarns provide the highest levels of cut resistance while maintaining maximum dexterity. Typically consisting of a strong, slick textile like Kevlar® combined with a hard material such as steel, the combined characteristics result in a knit that is far superior to those constructed of just a single element.
Lightweight and high performance, engineered fiber cut resistant gloves can be essential to applications ranging from industrial or automotive production to food preparation or even glass, metal and ceramics work. The most versatile cut resistant option available, All-Spec offers a complete range of engineered fiber gloves at better prices every day. Find the perfect pair for your application and save.
You rely on the unique design of cut-resistant gloves to keep your hands safe on the job, but what exactly makes them so resilient? Discover the four key characteristics of cut resistant durability and learn how these specially engineered gloves are designed to protect your hands from dangerous blades, sharp edges and more.
- Strength: Cut resistant gloves are constructed of strong, highly durable fibers such as Kevlar or Dyneema.
- Hardness: Engineered of composite yarns with two or more components, many cut resistant gloves are built for added strength and cut resistance.
- Lubricity: Woven to incorporate high-strength synthetic yarn such as Spectra or Dyneema, cut resistant gloves provide lubrication, allowing a blade to simply slide over the surface.
- Rolling Action: To deliver a ball-bearing type effect, cut resistant gloves are specially knit to allow individual yarns to actually roll, preventing blade penetration.
The more of these characteristics engineered into the yarn, the higher the cut resistance. You’ll find the perfect pair of cut resistant gloves for your application at All-Spec – shop now and save with better prices every day.