Sleek and Ergonomical
How many of you have ever seen or used an eyepiece-less microscope like Vision Engineering’s Mantis? Ever wonder about the name–Mantis? Take a good look. What’s the head remind you of? A praying _____. That, however is about as far as the comparison goes.The Mantis series of microscopes offer some of the sleekest and most ergonomically-designed visual inspection capabilities and comfort ever imagined. That’s not to say a praying mantis isn’t just as fascinating to look at, however, how the Mantis looks is just a small part of the picture.
Operator Comfort = Time and Money Savings
The Mantis stereoscopic microscope may look like one eyepiece, yet it’s actually eyepiece-less. The operator’s eyes never touch the scope; ports for eyepieces do not exist. Before, workers were always leaning over their microscopes and experienced constant eye fatigue.
Now, when using the Mantis, operators function in an entirely different way – because they can now sit comfortably and look straight ahead at their work. The impact goes way beyond operator comfort to include improved worker efficiency and accuracy, as well as saving owners time and money.
Twelve reasons the Mantis will make your operators, inspection customers and you, happy.
- Felt compelled to hunch over their scope to fit their eyes to the eyepieces
- Worried about not being able to wear their glasses
- Changed out eyepieces to fit different worker needs
- Encountered decreased hand-to-eye coordination when looking through lenses
- Experienced health-related absences due to poor body position and fatigue
- Missed having any ambient light available because of the need to keep eyes to the eyepieces—adding to eye strain.
- Experienced less to no back strain; sitting up straight came naturally when viewing
- Swapped out places with other operators without having to switch eyepieces
- Noticed excellent hand-to-eye coordination; increased peripheral vision
- Inspected and detected solder faults with more accuracy and ease
- Appreciated the natural ambient light now available between their eyes and the screen
- Observed superb 3D images; more depth perception because the Mantis head can be moved around
All-Spec carries the entire line of Mantis stereo microscopes including the Mantis Compact, Mantis Elite and Mantis Elite Cam. Each series has been designed to address and solve your needs and those of your operators whether being used for inspections, performing manipulation tasks or documenting. See which one’s right for you.
How bright is your magnifier’s light? Does it provide 3D magnification? If you could use a 70% brighter, more efficient light with 3D capability for your industrial applications, it may be time to upgrade to the WAVE LED.
Two dimmable 6W LED light sources are individually controlled, which comes in handy when it’s time to see in 3D—like when you’re working on circuit boards. Just turn one of the lights off for the 3D magnification. Or, you can use both light sources—one on each side—at the same time for shadow-free magnification. Not only is the light brighter, it’s also more efficient. The LED life expectancy is more than 50,000 hours! That’s 25 years or more with normal use.
Plus, the light is dimmable and can be set to shut off after four or nine hours to save energy. If you’re ready to save your eyes, consider the Luxo WAVE LED.
You may have a keen eye for detail, but if your stereo microscope isn’t adjusted properly your focus may fall short. To be clear, just turn your attention to the following operating tips, and zoom in!
- Set your microscope on a flat, stable surface.
- Turn on the illumination, and illuminate your subject.
- Set the diopter setting(s) to zero.
- Adjust the distance between the eyepieces (interpupillary distance) until it’s comfortable and you see a single image.
- Adjust the brightness to the desired level.
- Zoom up to the highest magnification.
- Close your right eye (or the same eyepiece as the diopter adjustment), and adjust the focus until the image is clear.
- Close your left eye, and adjust the eyepiece diopter until the image is clear.
- Make a note of your diopter setting for future reference.
- Enjoy a properly focused microscope.
Following these simple steps will help ensure your sample remains in focus throughout the zoom range.
Looking to zero in on the perfect stereo microscope? Just shop All-Spec’s full range until your ideal specimen comes in crystal clear.
Optical inspection of PCBs can be a real pain in the neck. Craning it to see through your microscope’s eyepieces for a good chunk of each day will do that. Did you know strained body posture leads to operator fatigue, decreased productivity, increased wastage, errors, injuries and absenteeism—each of which is associated with increased costs?
Feast your eyes on Mantis “eyepieceless” microscopes with 3D optics. These microscopes have unrivalled freedom of head movement, plus an ergonomic working position. Optical ergonomics eliminates eye strain, too. With these microscopes, you sit back from a viewer, which is beneficial for a number of reasons. For starters, you sit upright, you don’t crane your neck to see anything, and you can wear your glasses. The viewer eliminates the eye strain associated with traditional microscopes because it allows ambient light to enter the eyes.
Plus, Mantis elite and compact series microscopes provide users with the same ease of use as bench magnifiers but with magnification capabilities up to 20x greater. You can even see around a subject when you move your head from side to side. Inspection, rework and soldering tasks come to light with true color LED illumination, providing shadow-free, high-resolution images—for 10,000 hours! Clearly, you’ll be glad you saved your neck.
Looking for the perfect microscope or video inspection system? Don’t know where to start? Take a gander at the three types of systems generally used in industrial applications, so you can see at a glance which option is the clear choice for you.
- Stereo Zoom Microscope
It’s the most popular for soldering, medical device manufacturing and use in a laboratory. Why? You can work with soldering irons, cutters and more in the large working distance of this microscope. Precision assembly is easy with its live 3-D view and excellent depth of field.
- Trinocular Stereo Zoom Microscope Inspection System
Need to capture images and measurements? This system enjoys all the perks of the stereo zoom and adds a third port to support a camera. Plus, you’ll reduce eye fatigue with the trinocular; its 3-D and 2-D views are visible at the same time.
- Video Lens Inspection System
For high magnification applications—up to 3000x, consider the video lens inspection system. You can build it piece-by-piece or get it pre-configured and pre-assembled. It pairs easily with a USB camera and significantly reduces eye strain.
Whether you choose a stereo zoom, trinocular zoom or video lens, shop All-Spec’s selection of lighting and magnification products for the system that will be a sight for sore eyes.