The K-Sun BEE3FB2 3-in-1 LABELShop printer is a specialized printer for heat shrink tube identification, bar code labels, and custom labels, but it can also be used for labeling everyday items. You can conveniently label any of your equipment from files to shelves to jars. It can be used at home, at work, or in the warehouse.
Some of its impressive features include:
- Auto-cut or continuous printer for greater speed
- 14 fonts and a choice of 1-4 lines of text
- Printing on five different labeling tape sizes
- Choice of English or Spanish
- QWERTY style keyboard
- Printing on 2 heat shrink tube sizes
- Six bar code formats for management
All-Spec Industries is offering a new promotion on this new K-Sun BEE3 product. Check it out here.
Jerry Blakely, President of Extech Instruments Corporation announced that Flir, a designer and manufacturer of thermal imaging and stabilized camera systems is purchasing Extech, one of All-Spec’s vendors, for $40 million.
This decision seems to make sense since the profitable Extech is a supplier of test and measurement equipment. Flir will be adding thermal imagers and Infrared cameras to Extech’s line of products. They have also been looking to break into the consumer market for handheld temperature-measurement devices for the cost benefits.
Flir’s products are mainly used for applications such as navigation safety, maritime and border patrol, search and rescue, and surveillance and reconnaissance. In addition to adding instruments to Extech’s product line, Flir will also get access to Extech’s catalog sellers so they can begin selling their lower-priced line of thermography items in the upcoming year. Extech also uses inexpensive manufacturing processes in Asia, and now Flir will now be able to take advantage of this.
All-Spec Industries carries a variety of Extech products including clamp meters, electrical testers, and digital multimeters.
Are you stuck when trying to choose between an effective aerosol cleaner and a safe one? Manufacturers are no longer making cleaners that contain HCFC-141b because of its ozone-depleting properties. This chemical also goes by the names of 1, 1-dichloro-1-fluoroethane, and CAS #1717-00-06.
States are also starting to control VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) in aerosols because of its chemicals contributing to smog. All of this is very limiting to the consumer, causing frustration and confusion, as well as a costly product. Listed below are some of the different types of cleaners that are out on shelves today.
- Water-based: These cleaners are low-cost, mostly non-flammable, and have a low VOC. However, they slowly evaporate so rust may form when cleaning metal.
- Flammables: Some flammables include hydrocarbons, alcohols, distillates, and terpenes. These are low cost, but the area must be equipped to handle them because of their high VOC content.
- Hazardous Non-Flammables: These cleaners work very well and are cost-effective, but they are extremely toxic. Trichloroethylene, n-Propyl Bromide, and Perchloroethylene are some examples of them. Purchasers should see the MSDS before buying or using.
- Premium Non-Flammables: The non-flammables are pricey, but are safe and decent cleaners, because they have a good exposure limit (measure of toxicity).
All-Spec carries several lines of cleaning products that follow the above guidelines in order to help ensure customers’ safety. Some of the brands we carry are Tech Spray, 3M, Chemtronics, Micro Care, and Stoner.
When building or maintaining an ESD area, ESD flooring is a must. That’s why a new type of ESD tile flooring could be an innovative addition to your electronic work area. Its durability and weight make it strong enough to be used in high-traffic areas with heavy duty caster carts and caster chairs.
This revolutionary flooring is interlocking and requires no adhesives, making it very easy to assemble as well as disassemble and move. You can also install it over subfloors that are damaged or difficult to remove. Not only can it be installed easily, it’s comfortable to use and is easy to clean. You can choose from coin top or flat top surfaces, as well as conductive or static dissipative material.
Here are a few more features of ESD flooring:
- No copper strips or adhesives are required.
- Conductive mass allows static charges to be taken in through the floor and not through your equipment.
- Has a 10-Year commercial warranty.
- Durable in high human or machine traffic areas.
- Has indent resistance.
- Eligible for up to 4 LEED Points.
- Flooring can be easily cleaned with ammonia or water.
Using this type of new flooring can be very beneficial to your workstation making your work area safer and more comfortable. Check out All-Spec’s website for our selection of ESD tile flooring as well as other types of flooring for your work area.
All-Spec is now carrying the Weller WRK Rework Kit that goes along with the new Weller WR3000M, the Weller WR3000M + WRK. These products can now be ordered together, all for the price of the WR3000M. The new WRK Kit is a new universal soldering system that facilitates the soldering and desoldering of large SMT components up to 30×30 mm. The nozzles and the holder are made of stainless steel and are ESD compliant. Its silicon tube is extremely flexible and heat resistant. The kit is easy to handle making it applicable for a large range of SMT components.