The Drag Racer or the Grocery Getter?
When choosing a soldering system —
Going for the shiny, expensive one with amped up wattage may not be the best way to go. Take your time. Which one’s the best fit for the job? Consider –
- How many tips will you need hot at the same time?
- Will you need more than one hand-piece?
- Will you need to be constantly plugging in and unplugging?
- How inter-compatible are the tips with the hand tools?
Think of solder like flowing water —
Pace’s subject-matter expert and technical support go-to guy Tony Jones explains how to choose the size of the tip you’ll be using on your workpiece.
Small Tip vs. Large Tip –
If you think of solder flowing like water out of a hose, consider what’s happening if you choose a tiny tip. Like a pressure washer, you’ll be doing the same to the flow of the solder if using a small tip.
With the transition to lead-free solder, your heat requirements have changed. Digitally-controlled soldering stations help you meet the right temperature for creating good solder flow. A rule of thumb – always use the lowest temperature and the largest tip when soldering.
Considering buying a new soldering system? Pace has a buy two get one free promotion going on through May 30, 2016. Choose from the ESD-Safe ST 50 w/ PS-90 Soldering Iron or the ESD-Safe ST 50 w/ TD-100 Soldering Iron.
The Weller WXD2 is a dual channel ESD-safe desoldering station that supports the simultaneous operation of two 120W soldering tools. WXD2 stations are perfect for production facilities large and small, allowing you to keep two tools set up and ready to go. This way you can easily switch between soldering and desoldering, or even have two operators working at once! The capacitive touch screen as well as turn-and-click wheel and six touch keys keeps set-up easy and operation smooth. Be sure to check out our full line of WXD products today!
- ESD-safe aluminum base with anti-static coating provides protection for sensitive products
- Capacitive touch screen and keys have anti-static, chemical, and temperature resistant coating
- Lock function can secure settings to keep operator from changing settings
- Automatic tool recognition makes set-up simple
- USB port allows for parameter configuration and data logging
- Can be used with Weller fume extractors and heating plates with accessory adapter
Do you have any questions on Weller WXD2 desoldering stations? Leave a comment below or call Customer Service at (800) 537-0351 today!
As you may know we have a section in our site where you can find all of our sale, clearance, and new items. Today we want to highlight a few products from each of these sections that you may have missed!
K-Sun printers: We are currently offering the K-Sun LABELShop, Green Machine, and Bee3+ printers for up to 40% off.
Weller desoldering station: We also have select Weller WR2000 and WR3000 soldering stations for up to 11% off.
Kester flux: We have some of our Kester flux on sale for 33% off until we run out of stock.
Wrist straps: Some of our Desco Jewel and All-Spec adjustable wrist straps are on clearance for 60% and 30% respectively.
Lab Coats: We have greatly expanded our Desco and Lab Tech offerings! We now have more sizes, styles, and colors to fit your needs.
Simco-Ion Ionizers: All-Spec has added some new bench-top ionizers for critical environments to our site.
Until the end of April, we are offering an additional 10% off our already low price on Weller WXD desoldering station kits! The WXD series is a line of ESD-safe desoldering stations that are usable with Weller desoldering irons, soldering irons, and rework tweezers. This station is also compatible with select Weller fume extractors and heating plates with the adapter accessory and connection cable (sold separately).
The unit that comes with our WXD kits is the WXD2, a dual channel digital control power unit for WX desoldering stations. This power unit has a digital display, with six touch keys, a turn-and-click wheel, and capacitive touch screen to make it easy to set up and change settings. It also supports dual independent tool channels, and has automatic tool recognition to allow for fast switching between accessories.
Be sure to check out our site or call Customer Service at (800) 537-0351 for more information on the Weller WXD desoldering stations. Have any more questions? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Going on now through June 30, 2012, save 10% on these (5) select power units from Weller!
Additional details and features of these Weller Power Units include:
- Weller WD1 ESD-Safe Digital 85W Soldering Power Unit: Compatible with WSP80 and WMP soldering pencils.
- Weller WD1M ESD Micro Digital 160W Solder and Rework Station: Compatible with WMRS soldering pencil and WMRT desoldering tweezers.
- Weller WX2 ESD-Safe WX Series Digital Dual Channel Soldering Station: Supports operation of two 120W soldering tools simultaneously.
- Weller WX1 ESD-Safe WX Series Digital Single Channel Soldering Station: Compatible with WXP65, WXP120, WXP200, WXMP soldering pencils & WXMT desoldering tweezers.
- Weller WR2 ESD-Safe Digital Soldering/Rework Power Unit: Dual independent tool channels with automatic tool recognition.
Take advantage of these great offers today!