Sleek and Ergonomical
How many of you have ever seen or used an eyepiece-less microscope like Vision Engineering’s Mantis? Ever wonder about the name–Mantis? Take a good look. What’s the head remind you of? A praying _____. That, however is about as far as the comparison goes.The Mantis series of microscopes offer some of the sleekest and most ergonomically-designed visual inspection capabilities and comfort ever imagined. That’s not to say a praying mantis isn’t just as fascinating to look at, however, how the Mantis looks is just a small part of the picture.
Operator Comfort = Time and Money Savings
The Mantis stereoscopic microscope may look like one eyepiece, yet it’s actually eyepiece-less. The operator’s eyes never touch the scope; ports for eyepieces do not exist. Before, workers were always leaning over their microscopes and experienced constant eye fatigue.
Now, when using the Mantis, operators function in an entirely different way – because they can now sit comfortably and look straight ahead at their work. The impact goes way beyond operator comfort to include improved worker efficiency and accuracy, as well as saving owners time and money.
Twelve reasons the Mantis will make your operators, inspection customers and you, happy.
- Felt compelled to hunch over their scope to fit their eyes to the eyepieces
- Worried about not being able to wear their glasses
- Changed out eyepieces to fit different worker needs
- Encountered decreased hand-to-eye coordination when looking through lenses
- Experienced health-related absences due to poor body position and fatigue
- Missed having any ambient light available because of the need to keep eyes to the eyepieces—adding to eye strain.
- Experienced less to no back strain; sitting up straight came naturally when viewing
- Swapped out places with other operators without having to switch eyepieces
- Noticed excellent hand-to-eye coordination; increased peripheral vision
- Inspected and detected solder faults with more accuracy and ease
- Appreciated the natural ambient light now available between their eyes and the screen
- Observed superb 3D images; more depth perception because the Mantis head can be moved around
All-Spec carries the entire line of Mantis stereo microscopes including the Mantis Compact, Mantis Elite and Mantis Elite Cam. Each series has been designed to address and solve your needs and those of your operators whether being used for inspections, performing manipulation tasks or documenting. See which one’s right for you.