As with Weller’s first soldering iron, the Speedy Iron (1946), everyone still wants reliable, easy and faster ways to solder at a good price.
So what’s new? What’s left to innovate—to perfect? Plenty—as shown with Weller’s smart, technologically-advanced tools in the WX and WT lines including stations, soldering irons, tips and accessories.
Weller WX vs. WT series
So what’s the difference between the two series? Both use technology to the utmost degree—the WX series centers on the systems with stations that work to save you energy and money through power management such as the stand-by mode feature. The WT series centers on systems with stations that help you tweak to perfection using the all-in-one place viewing screen.
Weller WX stations – choose from the WX1 station (single channel), WX2 station (dual channel), WXR (rework), WXD (desoldering), WXA (hot-air) and WX soldering station sets.
- 240W power supply
- See screen from all angles (text and graphics)
- Multi-language selection
- Turn and click navigation dial
- Soldering iron stand-by mode on most models (best new feature)
- Choose one or two channel stations
More – touch screen that’s antistatic, chemical and temperature resistant glass, rapid tool changes (reduces adjustments needed to soldering station), multi-purpose USB port, dual port manages fume extractors, heating plates and programmable logic controllers.
With the WX line, Weller introduces a pencil with a built-in analog-to-digital converter and data memory read; and the re-calibrated pencil eliminates the need to calibrate the soldering station. Plus, a sensor detects when the device isn’t in use, such as the fume extractor or heating plate, and goes into standby mode.
Weller WT stations – choose from the WT 1 (90 W), WT 1H (150 W), WTHA 1 (hot air-900 W) and a variety of WT sets expertly combined by Weller for specific applications
WT 1 (90 W), WT 2 1H (150 W)
- Front-mounted main switch for easier access
- Every available function neatly displayed on one screen (best new feature)
- Easy navigation using the new menu button
- Monitor station output via the power bar graph screen
- WSD and WD soldering irons compatible with the WT stations
- Change tips in quick succession
WTHA 1 Hot Air Station with integrated hot air iron
- At-a-glance view of all available functions
- New easy-to-use menu button
- Five presets available for defining volume, temperature and time
- New tandem control with dual sensors for double the performance
- 900 watts of power and up to 100 1/min expanded hot air
With the WT line, Weller also introduces some great space and time savers such as the ability to stack the W 1 & 2 soldering stations and a safety rest that flips easily from sponge to brass wool.
Find the WX and WT line on All-Spec. Have questions? Contact us for more information.