The Drag Racer or the Grocery Getter?
When choosing a soldering system —
Going for the shiny, expensive one with amped up wattage may not be the best way to go. Take your time. Which one’s the best fit for the job? Consider –
- How many tips will you need hot at the same time?
- Will you need more than one hand-piece?
- Will you need to be constantly plugging in and unplugging?
- How inter-compatible are the tips with the hand tools?
Think of solder like flowing water —
Pace’s subject-matter expert and technical support go-to guy Tony Jones explains how to choose the size of the tip you’ll be using on your workpiece.
Small Tip vs. Large Tip –
If you think of solder flowing like water out of a hose, consider what’s happening if you choose a tiny tip. Like a pressure washer, you’ll be doing the same to the flow of the solder if using a small tip.
With the transition to lead-free solder, your heat requirements have changed. Digitally-controlled soldering stations help you meet the right temperature for creating good solder flow. A rule of thumb – always use the lowest temperature and the largest tip when soldering.
Considering buying a new soldering system? Pace has a buy two get one free promotion going on through May 30, 2016. Choose from the ESD-Safe ST 50 w/ PS-90 Soldering Iron or the ESD-Safe ST 50 w/ TD-100 Soldering Iron.
We are happy to announce that now through the end of July 2012 at All-Spec Industries, whenever you purchase the MRS-1100A convection rework system you will also receive a free soldering system with a BGA clean-up tip. The MRS-1100A is already a complete rework system, containing a hand convection tool, tool holder, programmable preheater, and board holder. Now, you get an added $394 value with the MFR-1120 soldering system and CFV-BL100 blade tip.
To get your free soldering system with the purchase of the MRS-1100A call All-Spec Industries at 800-537-0351 and place your order with one of our customer service representatives!
Just this past week one our customers e-mailed us to find a tool that could calibrate his Weller WESD51, and our answer to him was the Weller WA2000.
The Weller WA2000 is a soldering iron test analyzer and the best part, the WA2000 can be used with any soldering system from any manufacturer…not just Weller.
It’s easy to use and works with a contact pyrometer. Just rest the soldering iron on the pyrometer to read the tip temperature.
The recently released OKi PS-900 soldering system is worth a look if you are in the market for a high performance soldering station suited for lead-free soldering.
Fewer tip changes and less operator training are just a few of the traits that the PS-900 boasts.
Here are the finer points of the PS-900 worth noting:
- Just like several other OKi stations, the PS-900 comes equipped with SmartHeat technology which provides a fixed temperature without any overshoot, cutting back on damage to components
- An autosleep iron stand reduces tip oxidation which in turns extends the life of the tip
- The iron is ergonomically designed to reduce user fatigue
- Cast aluminum houses the unit to create a durable soldering station
- The PS-CA3 coil assembly allows for a quick, low cost coil change to reduce the station’s down time
Limited time offer: Buy 3 Get 1 Free — Order three PS-900 solder stations and a fourth PS-900 station will be sent to you from OKi. We’ll send your invoice to OKi and they pay the shipping.
Offer ends 12/31/08