Weller Zero Smog Fume Extractors Compared
Smog – fog or haze combined with smoke and other atmospheric pollutants
Weller’s fume extractors remove dangerous gases and harmful particles out of the air, typically while soldering to create a healthier environment. If you’re in the market for a fume extractor, one of your best bets–Weller’s Zero Smog line including the Zero Smog TL (their newest model), Zero Smog EL, or the Zero Smog 2, depending on your overall work conditions and needs.
Zero Smog TL
The Zero Smog TL, Weller’s newest fume extractor has several appealing benefits. Probably the most liked—the low noise level. The other may be the extra-large filter surface resulting in an increase in the life of the system. Filters can be a pain to change, so the system also allows for easy filter replacement.
Choose from two different unit kit models (Zero Smog® EL Fume Extraction Unit Kit, Zero Smog® TL Fume Extraction Unit Kit with Filters, Brackets, Arm, Hose and Switch, 120V) and one unit-only model (Zero Smog® TL Fume Extraction Unit with H13 and F7 Filters, 120V).
- Low noise levels
- Automated filter change notification system
- Easily operated and easy filter replacement
- Exceptionally large filter surface
- Longer service life due to exceptionally large filter surface
*For connection to a WX /WT station a WX/WT Hub is needed
Zero Smog EL
The portable Zero Smog EL touts a high level of extraction power of 2,500 PA—used mainly for light duty removal of particles. The long life, brushless turbine and blower capacity of 220 m3/h plus the two-person capacity make for a good, solid choice. The system has an easy filter change and long service life due to the maintenance-free brushless EC turbine.
- Fume extraction unit for 1 to 2 workplaces
- Fine dust pre-filter M5; change out without having to change main filter
- Active carbon foam for effective gas filtering
- Exceptionally large HEPA H13 filter surface 2,4m²; increases filter lifetime
- 4-speed setting and power regulation
- Filter monitoring and filter alarm ensure timely filter change
Zero Smog 2
The Weller Zero Smog 2 is one of their more economical systems built to manage hand soldering fumes as well as fumes caused during gluing, cleaning and filling work. This is a small workhorse system that can handle both general and heavy duty soldering and accommodate two workplaces.
Comes as a unit (Zero Smog® 2 Benchtop Fume Extraction Unit 120V) or as a kit (Zero Smog® 2 Benchtop Fume Extraction Kit with ALFA Funnel Nozzle, 120V).
- Economical unit purifies air for up to two workplaces
- Easy filter exchange
- Quick and simple installation
- Portable fume extraction unit